Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Uwharri MTB Race









Our Buddy Andy Baker went down for his
first MTB race this weekend. Here are a
few Pics and a write up. Way to go Ang!!!

Sothern Classic Series
Uwharrie

Race day was cold but not rainy about 44 deg..
As we started off the line i was 2nd into the
woods ( of about 35 starters 22 in my age group)
and i hung onto the guy's tire in 1st position
for about 1.5 miles when we started up a long
and steady incline where i stated to feel the
infamous leg burn(from not warming up enough,
although i did warm up). After about 6 or 8
people passed me the next mile or so i found
myself getting into a rhythm and keeping a good
steady pace, I did well up until the last creek
crossing where there was a log before the creek
and large rocks behind. As I came across the
log i saw that there was a large gap between
them and i tried to avoid it and almost crashed
but caught a tree to stop my fall but was passed
again by a few people. As i climbed out of the
creek area i stayed up and finished with the 2
other guys. I ended up finishing 14 of 22
not too bad for my first race. 50.57 min.

No comments: